Cristina is an assistant professor and faculty member in the Department of Public Health at 巴斯蒂尔 University.
Dr. Cristina Ciupitu-Plath is a sociologist and public health professional with more than 8 years of experience in public health research and education. Her main research interests revolve around the health and well-being of pediatric populations and their families, quality of life in patients with chronic conditions, social and cultural diversity, as well as social inequity and stigmatization.
Dr. Ciupitu-Plath holds a BA in Sociology from the West University in Timisoara (Romania), an MSc in Public Health from the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, and a DrPH from the Berlin Institute of Technology. Before joining our team at 巴斯蒂尔, Dr. Ciupitu-Plath was working as a research associate at the Institute of Health and Nursing Science in Berlin, 德国.
Her teaching focuses on research methodology, epidemiology, statistics, and social justice. Using her experience in working with diverse students as well as her own cultural immersion experiences, her goal is to train and empower her students to become sensitive and critical public health professionals, who strive to support all members of their communities in attaining the best possible health. In order to do so, she makes it a priority to work closely with both students and fellow faculty members in creating an open, 包容, and enriching learning atmosphere in which all students can thrive and achieve their highest potential.
American Public Health Association
Dr. Ciupitu-Plath's main research interests revolve around the health and well-being of pediatric populations and their families, quality of life in patients with chronic conditions, health literacy, social and cultural diversity, as well as social inequity and stigmatization. Her sociology and public health training have equipped Dr. Ciupitu-Plath with a solid foundation in both social science and epidemiological research methodologies.
- Bias and stigmatization
- Maternal and Child Health
- Psychosocial Health and Wellbeing
- Survey methodology
- Qualitative research
- Mixed-methods research
- Literature reviews
- Ciupitu, C. C., & Babitsch, B. (2011). Why is it not working? Identifying barriers to the therapy of paediatric obesity in an intercultural setting. J Child Health Care, 15(2), 140-150. doi: 10.1177/1367493511403662
- Ciupitu-Plath, C.D., Kofahl, C., & Babitsch, B. (2014). Migration and Health Care Utilization in the European Context. 在C语言中. Janssen, E. 黑黝黝的, & T. von Lengerke (Eds.), Health Care Utilization in 德国. Theory, Methodology, and Results (pp. 145-169). New York: Springer Science+Business Media.
- Babitsch, B., Bormann, C.D., & Ciupitu-Plath, C. (2014). Gender and Utilization of Health Care Health Care Utilization in 德国. Theory, Methodology, and Results (pp. 101-116). New York: Springer Science+Business Media.
- Ciupitu-Plath, C., Wiegand, S., & Babitsch, B. (2018). The Weight Bias Internalization Scale for Youth: Validation of a Specific Tool for Assessing Internalized Weight Bias Among Treatment-Seeking German Adolescents With Overweight. J Pediatr Psychol, 43(1), 40-51. doi: 10.1093/jpepsy/jsx079